Never overlook the potential of locally-focused search engine optimization and take a few minutes to learn what it is and why it’s so important. Some SEO practices might seem like old-school tactics, but they still have benefits despite their inefficiencies. For Local SEO Activity, you need an expert SEO company in Noida.
Local vs. Global SEO
When it comes to online visibility and competitive edge, 100% local SEO is king. But what does that mean for your business? In this blog post, I will be addressing the question of “What is Local SEO?” and its importance.
- When you think of SEO, most likely the first thing that comes to mind is organic search engine ranking (SERPs).
- This means optimizing a website for natural searching by humans on Google and other major search engines.
- And while an organic search is important, over 50% of website traffic now comes from “non-organic” sources including referrals, social media shares, and portal submissions.
So how do you approach SEO if you’re just looking to increase web traffic from organic sources only? That’s where local SEO comes in.
Local SEO is all about focusing your efforts on driving traffic to your business from specific geographic areas. This can be done through things like developing high-quality content for your target audience, creating well-designed pages, and building links from relevant websites.
While global SEO may be more important for some businesses, local SEO should always be a top priority for those seeking to increase web traffic from locally relevant sources.
What Does ‘Local’ mean
Local SEO is all about optimizing your website for search engines located in your local area ONLY.
- Local SEO means that you must focus on improving the visibility of your website within SERPS focused on your specific region, city, or town. You should also focus on building links from related websites and blogs in your target market.
- Local SEO is important because Google calculates a site’s rankings based on its global popularity as well as its local popularity. That’s why a site that’s focusing on ranking well in a localized market can trump a site with better rankings overall, simply because Google rewards local sites more for their searches.
You can boost your site’s local ranking by using the following strategies:
- Identify Your Target Market: Before you even start optimizing your site for local search, you need to know who you’re targeting. Use the tools at Google Maps to identify relevant businesses in your area, and then do some research to see what they’re searching for.
- Once you have an idea of what keywords people are using to find businesses in your area, start analyzing your own website and blog content for opportunities to incorporate those keywords into your content.
- One of the most important things to remember when it comes to SEO is that your website should be localized for each and every market you wish to target. In other words, it should be written in the language of your target audience. This is often referred to as ‘local SEO’.
- It’s why it’s so important that your website is hosted on a regional server in the country where your target audience is located. Not only will this help you rank higher in local search engine results pages (SERPs), but it will also ensure that you receive relevant local traffic which can result in increased website sales.
Here are 4 reasons why local SEO is so important:
- You Will Generate More Revenue From Local Traffic
- You Will Improve Your Rankings In Local Search Results Pages (SERPs)
- You Will Get Rid Of Interstitial Advertising And Loss Of Conversions
- You Will Enjoy Improved Customer Loyalty
Keywords for local SEO
When it comes to local SEO, you want to focus on keywords that are specific to your area. This helps improve your organic search results and can also help you attract new customers.
- There are a variety of ways to research keywords for local SEO, including using Google AdWords Keyword Planner or using online keyword tools.
- Once you have a list of potential keywords, you need to prioritize them based on their importance and how likely they are to be used by potential customers in your area.
- You can also create a content strategy that focuses on promoting specific keywords throughout your website and blog posts.
Importance of landing pages
What do you think is more important: getting your site ranked high on Google or having well-designed and relevant landing pages?
There’s no right answer, but Web experts generally agree that landing page quality is more important than ranking in the SERPS. Why?
Because landing pages are what your visitors see first when they search for your business online. If your landing pages are poor quality, your prospects will likely move on to other businesses. However, if your landing pages are well-designed and relevant, they’ll likely stay on your site longer and convert more easily.
Here’s why good landing pages are so important:
1) A Higher Conversion Rate: Landing pages with high conversion rates tend to perform better than those with lower conversion rates. The higher the conversion rate on a page, the more money you make from each sale.
2) Increased Revenue: Landing pages that generate more revenue tend to be better designed and more user-friendly. They also tend to have features that make it easier for customers to buy what they need or sign up for services.
3) Longer Page View Times: Landing pages that hold viewers longer tend to perform better than short page
How to get listed on Google Maps
Google Maps is the king of location-based search and it can be tough for your small business to break into the top results. While you may think that a large national company with a popular website will get your business listed first, Google Maps actually favors businesses located in your local area.
There are a few things you can do to help increase your chances of being listed on Google Maps:
1. Add your business to Google Maps. This is easy to do and free. Just go to http://www.google.com/mapping/ and click “add a place.” Enter the details about your business, including its address and phone number. You can also add photos, videos, and ratings to Ambition’s Local SEO blog post discussed below.
2. Increase your online visibility. There are many ways to do this, including adding social media links to your website and using keywords in your name, description, or other on-page elements. You can also participate in online discussions and blogs near your business location.
3. Enhance reviews and ratings on Google Maps. This will help people see your business as trustworthy and encourage them to visit you. If you have satisfied customers who
Ever since the dawn of the internet, search engines have been able to index and rank websites by their content. This has always been a huge advantage for small businesses and individuals who don’t have the time or money to constantly invest in online marketing campaigns.
But with the evergrowing importance of mobile search, there’s another reason why “local” SEO is becoming increasingly important: your customers are likely only to find you if they’re looking for you specifically.
When it comes to ranking in Google, there are two main factors that determine how well your website will perform: PageRank and the relevance of your website’s content. Google doesn’t just rank websites based on how much traffic they get; they take into account the authority of the site as well.
Sites with high PageRank (a measure of a website’s importance) and high relevance (meeting the needs and interests of its users) are likely to rank higher than sites with low PageRank and little relevant content.